- Professional Players have to struggle for finances and managing economics
- No security like pension schemes are in sight
- No structured system focusing on players health, medical, coaching etc.
- No basketball event gets limelight… front page attention
- Limited, almost nil sponsorship and growth of basketball in India
- Today basketball irrelevant compared to other sports
- Very few kids aspire to be professional basketball players
- Personal effort of players with passion not fully supported
- Mis-utilization or under utilization of State Support
Goals of BIPA
- Bringing a corporate STRUCTURE to Basketball in India
- Cut the bureaucracy – bring benefits DIRECTLY to the Players
- Create a online Ranking System based on MERIT
- LAUNCH bigger, better and more popular EVENTS
- Licensing event properties and SHARING PROFITS with all the players.
- Membership EXCLUSIVELY for players and basketball stakeholder
- Enhance VALUE and WORTHINESS of players within the society
- EMPOWER every Basketball player as the sport grows
- PROMOTE national icons on international level to help them get their due
- Make PARENTS want their kids to play and be professional player
- Enthuse kids to play and take up basketball as profession
- Indian Olympic Players - Elite Players
- Indian International Players who won medals
- Indian international Players
- National Level Players
- District Players
- College Players
- School Players
BIPA Proposed Members Benefits
- Life long security
- Free Medical Coverage
- Free tickets to events
- Life time Pensions benefits
- Enhances and defends the image of players and the profession.
- Represent and protect the rights of the players.
BIPA Additional Benefits to Players
- Effectively market Players to leagues and international teams.
- Help players for overseas opportunities.
- Protect the player’s contractual rights and other rights under the sport’s agreement and rules.
- Find a team, club, academy, agent and arrange a trade.
- Help the player maximize income from endorsements, commercials, autographs and appearances.
- Advise player on his or her personal conduct and relationship with the media.
- Refer the player to medical specialists and treatment facilities.
- Serve as a buffer between the player and their team when any issue arises.
- Mentor players and be a positive influence for them.
- Be available to a player’s family to discuss any questions or concerns.
Create a corporate structure to Basketball in India and bring benefits directly to Players
Basketball India Players Association (BIPA) is a Non Government Organization (NGO) and was incorporated on January 31, 2017 under Section 8 of the Companies Act, 2013. BIPA is a 'Not For Profit' Company with former, present and future Players, Coaches, Referees, Table Officials, Statisticians, Commentator, Expert, Team Owners, Academy Owners , Physiotherapist, Dietician, and others at all levels from school to Olympians as its members.Read more